Children of Incarcerated Parents Bill of Rights
I HAVE THE RIGHT...
1. ... to be kept safe and informed at the time of my parent's arrest.
2. ... to be heard when decisions are made about me.
3. ... to be considered when decisions are made about my parent.
4. ... to be well cared for in my parent's absence.
5. ... to speak with, see, and touch my parent.
6. ... to support as I face my parent's incarceration.
7. ... not to be judged, blamed, or labeled because my parent is incarcerated.
8. ... to a lifelong relationship with my parent
Developed by the San Francisco Children of Incarcerated Parents Partnership in 2005